Product Name: Spirulina Powder
Specification: 55%~65% Protein; Feed Grade
Appearance: Dark green fine powder
Spirulina has been shown to be an effective means of altering chicken product quality to meet
consumer preferences. For instance, the total cholesterol content of eggs can be lowered by
including Spirulina into layer hen rations. This is mainly due to Spirulina’s high antioxidant
and omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFA) content that enriches the nutritional
value of eggs at the expense of cholesterol content.
Egg yolk colour has also been found to intensify linearly with increased dietary Spirulina levels.
In white Leghorn layer hens, dietary. Spirulina levels of 3-9% of the total ration was found to
result in egg yolk colours best representative of consumer preferences. Similar findings have
been found in trials with Japanese quails.
Dietary Spirulina levels at 1% of the total ration in the week prior to slaughter has been found to
result in broiler muscle tissue pigmentation at levels best representing consumer preferences.
Research has shown that Spirulina has the following advantages to poultry
without any known side effects.
1. Better visual appearance in the chickens with eggs becoming more golden –yellow as
2. Increase in immune system and health of the chicken as antibodies respond more.
3. Decrease in mortality by at least 2% ( industry average 4.8% commercial with antibiotic growth
promotors to 20% for Organic )
4. Spirulina is a rich source of Vit.A. It can become a rich source in chicken eggs.
5. Spirulina is in the top three animal feed products in terms of Carotenoid content.
6. Increase in growth rate and weight by at least 3%.
7. Increase in fertility and reproductivity.
Testing Report from Third Party: